PC² Language Definition - a computer programming language.
In PC² a language definition describes how a submitted source code will be compiled and executed. A Team can use the Test Run feature to compile and execute/test a source file. A Judge can use the Execute Run function to compile and test a submission.
Adding a language
Adding interpreted languages
See the article Interpreted Languages to add interpreted languages like Perl, Python, PHP, ruby, etc.
Adding compiled languages
- Use the Add/Edit Language feature to define the language
- On the Administrator module, select the Configure Contest Tab
- Select the Language tab
- Use the Auto Populate feature/pulldown menu (this is the Language Auto Fill feature)
- Select the language you to use
- Click the Update button
If your language/compiler name does not exist in that list, then fill in the Language fields. See section 6.5.1 Defining a Language in the PC² Version 9.2 Contest Administrator’s Installation and Configuration Guide
The article Language Auto Fill has examples of the values for the Language fields.
- Display Name - name display to Teams
- Compile Cmd Line - instruction to compile a source file
- Executable Filename - expected name of executable
- Program Execution Command Line - command line used to run a executable