The PC² API (Application Programming Interface) is a set of Java interfaces and classes that provide a view into the contest data.
The API's goals are to allow developers to extend PC² while keeping complete integrity and security for the contest.
A developer will be able to create a Java class that can login and then retrieve information about the contest. The API provides a developer to get information about team's, runs, problems, languages and the standings. Complete standings can be retrieved when using a Judge or Board login.
API Java was added into the distribution in version 9.1.3 build 1899.
The main Java doc page is each distribution at doc/api/index.html.
The API provides code snippets for a number of activities including:
- Connect and login to a PC2 server
- Print data from all runs in the contest
- Print the name, site, and group of each team in the contest
- Print the names of all the currently defined contest languages
- Print the names of all the currently defined contest problems
- Print the names of all currently defined (allowable) judgements (that is, judgements which a Judge may choose to assign to a given submitted run)
The API provides developers the ability to access and extend pc2. The API supports the following features:
- submit a run
- add listeners to respond to events (run submitted, judged, etc.) as they occur
- Get contest information
- Get run info (judgements, status, etc)
- Get clarification info (answers, status, etc).
- Get scoring information
The access to data and features is restricted by login account.