Changes in Version 9
For more information about version see the Version 9 article.
- Location of pc2 scripts has changed, see PC² Distribution
- Only a single public IP and port is needed for the server, unlike Version 8, see Network communication for details.
- pc2v9.ini replaces pc2v8.ini
- Log file names have changed, see Log files
- Standardized the PC² Distribution
- policy.ini file is no longer necessary (Version 9 does not use RMI)
- execute directory names have changed, see execute directory
- Eliminated sitelist.ini Site Contact information now entered using the Server GUI
- There is no way to run the server without the Server GUI
- New Server login requires login/password for each site
- New Contest password is required for the Primary server
- New Server Reconnection feature, no longer have to shutdown contest for server to re-join contest.
- Runs that are received after the contest clock remaining time is 0:00 are no longer marked deleted.
- Automated Judging has changed.
- Generate Accounts now can create accounts for other connected servers.
- Now all features have been put under Configure Contest Tab and Run Contest Tab
- Groups replaced Regions and Groups are now defined using the Groups Tab, formerly groups were defined in the in administrator section in the pc2v8.ini file.
- Added Notification settings (located under the Notifications Tab).
- Automated Judging setup has changed, now can be started/controlled by an Administrator
- Added Standings Tab to shows standings to an Administrator, used to have to start a scoreboard module
- An Administrator can start or stop any site's individual Contest Clock
- An Administrator can edit any site's Contest Clock
- An Administrator can edit any site's Accounts
- On Team Status Tab added Clear, Reload and Sites selection pulldown
- Team aliasing has been added as a Team Information Displayed to Judges
- Load Account format has changed, in Version 8 the field delimiter was | in Version 9 the field delimiter is Tab character, see Load Account for details about the changes.
- The content/format of the Account Display Name can now be configured using the Review Account Load screen, this replaces the Version 8 configuration the pc2v8.ini admin section entries
- Load ICPC has moved under ICPC Tab
- HTML is no longer hard-coded, Standings XML is generated and transformed via XSLT into the scoreboard HTML
- scoreboard HTML is generated during contest configuration changes (submissions, Problems, Accounts, etc.) and on startup of the scoreboard module
- a copy of the Scoreboard XML is also written to results.xml in the installation directory every time scoreboard HTML is regenerated.
Version 9.2 Features
- Bug 510 Create Admin Guide
- Bug 436 samps missing pc2v9.ini
- Bug 221 do not start GUI on server startup, see article Server CLI
- Bug 420 Make team output limit configurable
- Bug 379 Provide a reset feature
- Bug 212 Admin Extract Run - not implemented (Workaround)
- Bug 378 Stop clock at end of contest - should.
- Bug 82 Implement Give Clar
- Bug 520 Add scoring/problem details to API