Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) are maintained on the PC² web site.
If you are troubleshooting or trying to get PC² to work, read the Troubleshooting section.
Click here to view FAQ.
- Getting PC² Java source code
- Contest Configuration
- PC² Scoreboard
- PC² Validators (Automated Judging)
- Networking localhost (127.0.0.1) and loopback problems.
- Other PC² Questions
- Getting Help
Unable to login as admin using Java 1.8
This problem has been found only with Java 1.8.0_161 and pc2 version 9.5.2 and earlier. There is a work around below.
The symptoms are as follows:
- The server startup seems to work
- When logging in the Admin is stuck with a busy (hourglass) cursor
- In the pc2 server log file there will be a an error (see below)
Java 1.8.0_161 and later have changed encryption and that causes a login problem and more. Since pc2 encrypts both network communications and files - both areas are affected.
To work around this problem one must specify true for a system property jdk.crypto.KeyAgreement.legacyKDF. So in each pc2 script, ex pc2server or pc2admin one must add the java system property
just after the javaw command, thus
In the pc2 server log there will be an error message
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Unsupported secret key algorithm: DES
The pc2 development team is working on a fix for this problem. An announcement will be sent to the pc2 announcements mail list.